States under Republican Rule are passing laws to ban all abortions, with no exceptions. Women’s lives, health and long-term fertility—and even the viability of the fetus–no longer matter. Under Republican Rule, it only matters that women wait till they are sick enough or bleeding hard enough for a doctor to finally be able to legally help them.
- PEOPLE: Woman has to wait till she’s severely septic to have an abortion; severe scar tissue on uterus means she may never be able to have children.
- USA TODAY: She had ‘a baby dying inside’ her. Under Missouri’s abortion ban, doctors could do nothing.
- THE TIMES-PICAYUNE/THE NEW ORLEANS ADVOCATE: Louisiana hospital denies abortion for fetus without a skull
- VICE NEWS: Women Are Being Forced to Deliver Nonviable Fetuses Because of Abortion Bans
- NPR: Because of Texas abortion law, her wanted pregnancy became a medical nightmare